Winter Home Prep (Part 2)
- Use energy-efficient Christmas lights both inside and outside your home.
- Use a programmable timer for light displays rather than let them run all night long.
- When travelling for the holidays, set your thermostat at the ideal temperature of 60 degrees.
- Don't pre-heat your oven for foods that take multiple hours to bake.
- Use the cook top instead of the oven when possible as the cook top typically uses less energy
You can view the entire list of tips that Indiana Michigan Power recommends here. We hope you have a warm and safe Christmas with your friends and family.
Image courtesy of: https://www.flickr.com/photos/basf/5987484192/in/photolist-a86qs5-6bxCvH-nUC4oD-5BywkG-a7y1H7-57cmgB-bAMZsk-57ckQV-57cngn-9XLhsG-a7v95r-a16gCr-ai6FCw-a198th-avahv8-5Bywdu-9W7dN6-avahDr-57cdYX-57gq7N-9Rp8Nu-5BufyX-6mLsTY-6mGiNk-ai6EQC-avcY9y-avahzx-9qVfVA-57ceMz-ai6G6Q-qV94i-6zHWF6-9SbZaX-dLMfa6-7hRPtx-58fjXs-avahw8-dLSNkL-58ba8i-9Wa3U9-58ANuu-57cfA8-aiEi7G-ai3Upx-bUtjjg-6oqQRy-58wFCD-58ftt7-6mXMde-59i1q4/